Image By: Liveuttarpradesh
BJP chose Yogi Adityanath as the new Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Here are 10 things to know about the new CM of Uttar Pradesh.
- Yogi Adityanath’s real name is Ajay Singh, Born on June 5, 1972, He has a BSc Mathematics degree from HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand.
- At 21 years old, he left his family and went to Gorakhnath Math, where he lived as the disciple of the head priest. Adityanath then took over the position when the head priest passed away.
- He is the founder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini – a “social, cultural and nationalist group” of young people. Known for his impeccable Hindutva credentials that includes fight against “Love Jihad”, Adityanath’s Hindu Yuva Vahini in 2015 embarked on a mission to declare the cow as “rashtra maata” (mother of the nation).
- In 2005, he led a “purification drive” to “re-convert” Christians to Hinduism.
- He was arrested for inciting Gorakhpur riots in 2007. In Gorakhpur riots of 2007, a Hindu boy was killed after some people opened fire on a Muslim procession that took place on the occasion of Moharam.
- In 2015, Yogi Adityanath said that those who oppose yoga can leave India and that they should be drowned Adityanath once likened actor Shah Rukh Khan to Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed and asked him to go to Pakistan.
- Since 1998, he has been elected to Parliament for five consecutive terms.
- Adityanath is a five-time MP from the Gorakhpur Lok Sabha constituency.He was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1998 at the age of 26, becoming the youngest member of the 12th Lok Sabha.
- as Uttar Pradesh CM, Adityanath joined the famous league of BJP’s bachelor CMs – Trivendra Rawat (Uttarakhand), ML Khattar (Haryana), Sarbananda Sonowal (Assam)
- The firebrand leader, known for his clout in east UP districts surrounding Gorakhpur, Adityanath was the second most sought-after campaigner in the state in the assembly elections after Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!