Run a Command Prompt command from Desktop Shortcut as shutdown , log-off , ping etc..
To save time you can create Shortcuts to run Command Prompt command from Desktop Shortcut, and can fire them easily by just double clicking on the shortcuts.
For Ex:- I used ‘ Shutdown ‘ command..
- Shutdown /s = Shutdown the computer..
- Shutdown /s /f = Shutdown the computer forcefully..
- Shutdown /i = Remote shutdown dialog.
- Shutdown /l = Log-off the computer.
- Shutdown /r = Restart the computer.
- Shutdown /h = Hibernate the computer.
- Shutdown /s /f /t 00 = Force Shutdown Instantly
- Ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t = To ping any IP address till the ping window is closed.
4) Click next to and give any name you want.