Artificial Intelligence (Intelligence by Machine)
Definition of Artificial Intelligence
AI is the area of computer science emphasizing the creation of intelligent machines that work and behave like humans. With the help of artificial intelligence, computers can perform numerous activities such as speech recognition, planning, problem-solving, visual perception and translation between languages etc. Machine learning is another core part of artificial intelligence which includes learning without any human supervision to identify patterns in streams of inputs and learning with adequate supervision involves classification and numerical retro versions.
Basic elements of AI
The four major foundation elements of AI are categorization, classification, machine learning, and collaborative filtering. These could explain the meaning of artificial intelligence in better pursuit.
It involves creating metrics to the problem domains such as finance. The problems are broken into smaller pieces depending upon the field for example in cancer diagnosis metrics involves white cell counts, x-ray scans, ethnic background etc and for the wireless networking, the key metrics would be user connection time, coverage, roaming etc.
After categorizing the problem into different areas, classification has to be set up for example In the wireless networking once the problem is categorized into pre or post-connection problem, The classification of the factor that is causing the problem has to be a ascertain such as association, authentication, device factor or other.
Machine learning is this a field of artificial intelligence having rapid enrollment growth as it is very critical to AI achievements. It involves the ability of machines, keeping up with the improvement in its performance, without having human interventions to explain exactly how to accomplish the given task in the best possible manner.
There are many machine learning algorithms and techniques. With the increase in computer and storage capabilities, neural networks are engaged in solving a variety of real-world problems ranging from image recognition and language processing to predicting the network performance.
Collaborative filtering means providing answers with a high degree of correctness to the complex problems.
Usage or application of AI
It is used in industries ranging from gaming, journalism/media, state of the art research fields, robotics, medical diagnosis etc. The basic and the application of AI is used in concepts like machine learning, probabilistic reasoning, computer vision, robotics, and natural language processing.
Goals for AI research
- Primary goals of AI include deduction and reasoning, planning, knowledge representation, natural language processing, perception, learning, and ability to manipulate and move objects.
- AI Research attempts to reach one of the three goals namely strong AI, applied AI or cognitive stimulation.
- Strong AI aims to bring in innovating machines that can think. The term strong AI was introduced by philosopher John Searle, the University of California at Berkely. The ultimate goal of the Strong AI aims to produce the machines intellectual ability is at par with the human being.
- Applied AI also known as advanced information processing, aims to produce smart systems which are commercially viable like stock trading systems or medical diagnosis system.
- Under Cognitive stimulation, the machines called computers are used to test theories regarding how human mind works and hence is a powerful tool in neuroscience and cognitive psychology. It is utilized to test theories regarding how people recognize faces or recall memories.
Types of AI
Types of AI include machine learning, neural networks, and deep learning.
- Machine learning enables software algorithms that are self-teaching and makes the predictions about the data by studying and recognizing patterns.
- Neural networks take prompt from biological neural networks like the human nervous system, artificial neural network inputs to rationalize them into interpretable knowledge.
- After processing Inputs of all the types, deep learning undertakes the complex task of modelling high-level abstractions, after combining a different set of outputs.
How to get started with the AI course?
To start with AI, the first step is to learn a programming language such as Python. Different kind of online Artificial Intelligent courses is available in which the skills related to NLP, learning, learning and graphical models are taught. The course being apt for engineers, software and IT professionals and data professionals offers job opportunities for a data scientist, business analyst, product analyst, and machine learning engineer.
Future of Artificial Intelligent
The future of artificial intelligence in India has been witnessing steady growth since 2016. There would have been ample of STEM talent pool for the benefit of growth and development in the lifestyle of masses. Cities like Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai are having several start-ups that work on artificial intelligence principles ranging from multilingual chat boards to online shopping assistance and automated consumer data analysis. The idea of working for these start-ups ranges from e-commerce, finance technology, healthcare and education technology etc.
Healthcare sector artificial intelligence can help in detecting fatal diseases such as cancer, ensuring the development of preventive methods rather than reactive care.
With the help of the ripe database, AI can help building and maintaining smart infrastructures and smarter mobility. It can bring about a major change in the future of cities such as congestion on roads, timely repair, and maintenance of public property and much more.
Artificial intelligence course in india
In India, professional education regarding AI, IOT, machine learning, and other subjects have been introduced in the curriculum of B.Tech programme so that the upcoming generation of youngsters have ample of skills in computer programming and developments.
AI is supposedly the next generation technology which is going to shape the future of the world, creating plenty of job opportunities.
Article By: Sheetal Aggarwal